Monday, September 7, 2009

We made it...

We are finally in our home, OUR HOME!!! We are close to unpacked, but still have to put things up on the walls. We've finally got our bed put up, and Anna's bed put up... we are working on night three (tonight) of getting my little lady to sleep in her own bed. I've had to make a temporary bed on the floor below her so we can work on this. The 1st night she fell out of bed twice. So I eventually end up sleeping on the floor after about 10 or more trips to reassure her that it's ok!

I LOVE my house... it doesn't feel like home just yet, but we are working on it. But I do so much love love love my house. I never knew what it would feel like to "own" my own home, but it is very different than renting, for sure!

On a fun note (hahaha). We had to take Annalise to the ER the other night. We have 3 steps up from the back patio to our slider door... it drops off to either side and isn't the biggest area to stand. Annalise was playing outside and took to wide of a step and fell and hit her private area. She kept telling me that it hurt her pretty bad. So I took her diaper off only to find that she was bleeding down there and I couldn't figure out where or what happened. After a call to the after hours nurse they suggested I take her to the ER. I figured it would be a long trip but not long like this.

We got there at probably 8 and didn't leave there until 1:30am. I broke down in tears because it was the longest wait I've been in the ER ever. I've had to go to the ER a few times, and this was out of control. It was like 12:15am and Mike and I were sitting there just pissed and I stood up and was ready to go home. I was just gonna take her to her doctors that morning because I honestly had enough of watching all the people who came in hours after me be seen. I stood up told Mike we were leaving and they called us back, weird!

We were in the room for all of 10 minuets and were seen and discharged. Annalise tore a tiny spot inside but no where near needing stitches or caused any damage. They told me to give her 2 baths a day and she should be as good as new. WHAT ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS, I WAITED 5 HOURS FOR YOU TO TELL ME TO GIVE MY DAUGHTER A DAMN BATH!!! Mike and I talked to the nurse a little about how angry we were with the whole situation, she apologized... but hey she got paid!

So Annalise is recovering! She is really bruised but she is ok!

What else? Jared starts school on Wednesday and I'm so excited. His school we can see from our front yard. It's a stone throw away and it's brand new. I cannot believe that my son is going to be a 2nd grader. Seriously, I'm old!!!

Oh yes and I am no longer watching either of my nephews... weird had no idea that would happen. I knew Ryker but not Theron... so I'm in the process of finding a new job. Wish me luck!

I promise to post pics as soon as I take some. My camera is full and I got a new phone and the pictures suck. So I promise to get some up soon.


lauraslifetoday said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so excited for you and the family... I can't believe you have to go back to work. YIKES! You can do it though, you are one tough woman. Scary stuff with her falling like that. I would have freaked out in the ER too! Can't wait to see pics of the house. Good luck unpacking~

Danielle said...

Poor baby girl! :( I'm happy to hear you are loving your new home! It will feel more and more like home as time passes :) I'm sorry you have to get a job? How do you feel about that? Love ya.