Thursday, May 21, 2009


So lets go back to about 2 months ago. It was late in the night, Annalise had been asleep for an hour or so. All of a sudden she started flopping around on the bed. At first I thought she was just kicking off her covers (she doesn't like to be covered up)... but then a couple of minuets later she did it again and again and again. She'd kick her legs up in the air, her body would tense up and then she'd be done. My heart started pounding and I freaked out.

I went and got Mike whom I think was watching tv at the time. He came in and watched her but he didn't seem to concerned. I WAS FREAKING OUT! We woke her up to see if she did it while she was awake (she did not)... so after a few she went back to sleep. As I had fallen into sleep she started again and I went and got Mike and this time I was crying because I had no idea what was going on. He grabbed the computer and we laid in bed looking at what it could possibly be. He was thinking that her tummy hurt and it was just a reaction to that. All I could think was taking her the ER my baby is having seizures.

We woke her up again and let her watch her movie while we talked and Mike calmed me down. We were up until about 2 or 3 and we finally let her go back to sleep. She did not do it the rest of the night. Since that night it's been in the back of my mind, but I wasn't as worried... maybe it was just a freak thing, maybe she was teething and it was her reaction to the pain.

Fast forward to 3 nights ago. 11pm she started again. I didn't go straight to Mike cause he is REALLY passive when it comes to anything and really pisses me off. So I went and got the computer and looked up all possible things that could be going on. I let it go on for 2 hours and I could not stand it anymore. I woke Mike up and he came and woke Annalise up. She was not a happy camper at all. She did not want to be awake and cried and screamed at us the whole time. After about 2o minuets or so we let her go back to sleep and she didn't do it the rest of the evening.

I took her to the doctors yesterday. For a rash she has and the night thing. The doctor didn't seem to concerned either... which really pisses me off, but I'll bear with the damn doctor for the time being. I did notice a trend in the two instances. Annalise had stayed up late both times and was overly tired. So the doctor thinks she may have issues with being overly tired. She wants me to record her doing it (if she does again), so she can see exactly what it is she is doing.

So for the time being I'm not gonna stress, but if she does it again I'm gonna be mad. Please pray that it's nothing terrible and she'll just grow out of it.


lauraslifetoday said...

CRAP!! I'm with you on that one..that would scare me too!! I also hate it when the doc doesn't take you seriously.. ERGH!! I hope you figure it out, and I apologize for the passive husband. Men just seem to be wired so differently when it comes to that stuff. But there isn't anything much more powerful than a womans intuition! Keep advocating for that little girl Jamie!!